Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Oil Problems

So the other day I was out with a friend, and as we drove past a BP gas station, it occurred to me: I feel really bad for BP store managers and employees. British Petroleum has earned quite a bit of ire for itself, and as oft happens in such cases, a number of people are now boycotting them and refusing to buy BP fuel. For obvious reasons, this sucks for BP employees. It's easy to label the big ugly corporation as this evil entity for fucking up (if that offends you, see my previous post) our environment and taking so long to do something about it, but what some people seem to overlook is that not every single person associated with BP is a greedy, negligent bastard (well, any more than humans in general normally are). A lot of BP employees, good honest people just trying to earn a living, are quite possibly going to end up losing their jobs over something that is no fault of their own, but they share the blame for.

Of course, I'm not trying to talk anyone out of boycotting BP, not that I expect I could even if I wanted to. It's just something to think about.

If you got oil problems, I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a spill ain't one.

No comments:

Post a Comment